Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”
- Rihanna celebrated her 21st birthday on Friday.
- TMZ obtained a photo of a battered Rihanna after the alleged altercation with Chris Brown.
- The Clinton Family has bid farewell to the former first feline Socks, who was battled throat cancer since December.
- Nicole Richie & Joel Madden have announced they are expecting their second baby!
- Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony threw their twins a big birthday party!
- Nick Jonas and Selena Gomez have broken up.
- Jessica Simpson is releasing a line of luggage, travel bags, and business cases.
- Gold-medalist swimmer Amanda Beard will marry photographer Sasha Brown.
Just because the economy isn’t doing well, it doesn’t mean that you have to give up buying beautiful designer clothes. Everyone has a tighter budget and we are seeing more sales at some of the top department stores that carry our favorite designer brands but the prices at department stores can’t begin to compare to Invitation Only Shopping Sites. We have a wonderful running list, and we have to rave about these sites again because we can’t get enough of them. Our addiction began with wonderful finds at the Gilt Groupe, Rue La La, Hautelook, Editors Closet, and ideeli. We’ve added 7 additional sites: Catwalk to Closet, The Top Secret, I Shop Fem, DD Push, an a few more.. If you want an invites to the sites, check out our list and leave a comment and request invites. Happy Shopping!
Thanks Rue La La for the great photo!
Here is a list of celeb’s favorite hotels. Some celebs stay at these hotels to wind down and some enjoy the hotels while they are on business.
- Loews Miami Beach, FL – Blake Lively, Hillary Duff, Gwyneth Paltrow, Britney Spears
- The Royal Palm Miami Beach, FL- Nikki Hilton, Hillary Duff
- Las Ventanas (Los Cabos,Mexico)- Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria Parker, Ashley Olsen
- Bacara Resort & Spa (Santa Barbara, California) – Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham.
- Tortuga Bay Resort(Dominican Republic)
- The Mansion on Turtle Creek (Dallas)
- The Four Seasons (Houston)
- The Fairmont Hotel (San Jose, California)
- The Ritz Carlton (Chicago, San Francisco, Half Moon Bay)
- The Mandarin Oriental (Miami, San Francisco, New York City)
- The Waverly Inn (New York City)- Jessica Alba & Cash Warren, Jennifer Aniston & John Mayer, Heidi Montag & Spencer Pratt, Brooke Hogan, and many more
- The James Boutique Hotel(Chicago)
- The Beverly Hills Hotel
Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”!
- Mandy Moore just is newly engaged to Ryan Adams!
- Kevin Costner and his wife welcomed a new baby boy Hayes Logan Costner weighed 8 lbs., 15 oz.
- Barack Obama ordered a Triple Chocolate Enrobed Brownie Cake from Bake Me a Wish! for Michelle Obama’s Valentine’s Day gift.
- After spending one week in Vegas, Chris Brown is off to see his mother at a undisclosed location (possibly Virginia).
- Rihanna continues to hide and fear for her life. Show support for her by buying her music on iTunes, requesting “Disturbia” on the radio, and befriending her on Myspace.
- Kevin Federline will be traveling with Jayden James and Sean Preston so they can visit their famous mom Britney Spears on the Circus Tour. Apparently, K-Fed will get paid $5,000 a week for agreeing to this arrangement!
- Nick Jonas and Selena Gomez are no longer together.
- Mira Sorvino is expecting her third child.
- Foo Fighter Taylor Hawkins and his wife Alison are expecting their second child.
- Comedian Margaret Cho calls Miley Cyrus a disgrace for mocking Asian people in a photo.
- Jennifer Aniston had a quiet 40th birthday in Beverly Hills this past weekend with boyfriend John Mayer and BFF Courtney Cox-Arquette.
- The new contestants on Dancing With The Stars are revealed.
- American Idol has picked their top 36 contestants.
The alleged “good boy gone bad” Chris Brown was allegedly involved in the assault of his girlfriend Rihanna on Sunday. According to the Los Angeles Police, someone called 9-11 because they heard Rihanna’s screams. When Rihanna was interviewed she was seen with visible contusions and bite marks on her body. Robyn Rihanna Fentley identified Chris Brown as her attacker. She was seen at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, and currently she’s in hiding. Chris Brown surrendered and he was booked and posted $50,000 bail for charges involving criminal threats and assault; other charges are pending because Rihanna now fears for her life! Chris Brown has hired attorney Mark Geragos who has previously represented Winona Ryder for her shop lifting episode, Scott Peterson (convicted double-murderer), and Michael Jackson for his Child Molestation trial. Chris Brown’s ad campaign with Wrigley Double Mint Gum has been suspended, and he has voluntarily withdrawn from NBA All Star appearances. Rihanna has canceled her concert on Friday in Malaysia. Chris Brown is due in court on March 5th in Los Angeles.
Jessica Simpson keeps her girlish figure by eating out at some of her favorite chains. If you want to meet Jessica Simpson, forget about the expensive French restaurant in town, she enjoys restaurant some of our own favorite restaurant chains. Imagine going out with your friends and sitting at a table across from Jessica Simpson! Here is a list of places Jess has been spotted at:
Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”!
- Backstreet Boy Nick Carter opens up about his battle with drugs and alcohol in the latest issue of People Magazine.
- Jessica Alba admits her biggest secret- SHE WEARS A GIRDLE !
- Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy are engaged!
- Rihanna is helping a 5-year-old fan find a bone marrow donor.
- 8 medal Olympian Michael Phelps has been suspended for his alleged drug use. He’s lost at least 1 key endorsement with Kelloggs, so far Subway wants to stand by him.
- Sam Lutfi has filed a defamation law suit against Britney Spears and her father.
- No settlement has been reached on Britney touring with her children. K-Fed is trying to work with Britney & company, he could be heading out on the road with the tour and allowing Britney to spend time with the kids off stage.
We’ve previously reported on the growing number of celebrities that are using the social website Twitter. Since our last post announcing Shaq’s twitter id, a great many more celebrities have join the discussion. Here is a short list of celebrities that I am following. If you are Twitter too, be sure to follow Couture Central.
- Wil Wheaton, @wilw
- Britney Spears, @britneyspears
- MC Hammer, @MCHammer
- Sara Bareilles, @sarabareilles
- LeVar Burton, @LevarBurton
- Brent Spiner, @BrentSpiner
- Ashton Kutcher, @aplusk
- Demi Moore, @mrskutcher
- Soleil Moon Frye, @moonfrye
- Rumer Willis, @TheRue
- Fred Durst, @freddurst
- Jimmy Fallon, @jimmyfallon
- John Cleese, @JohnCleese
- Lance Armstrong, @lancearmstrong
- Stephen Fry, @stephenfry
- Shaquille O’Neal, @THE_REAL_SHAQ
- Solange Knowles, @solangeknowles
- Puff Daddy, @iamdiddy
- Nina Sky, @ninasky
We’re echoing the words of so many celebs who are asking the critics to leave Jessica Simpson alone. Jessica is a successful talented and beautiful actress, business-woman, and singer who critics have wanted to see fail dating back to her days with Nick Lachey. Jessica lived a “storybook” life on Newlyweds, unfortunately it wasn’t a happy ending for her. Now Jessica is happy living with Tony Romo in Irving, Texas. Can’t people just leave her alone and let her live her life? Lately, people have been slamming Jessica for the outfit that she wore at the Chili Cook Off in Florida. First of all, if Jessica Ann Simpson wants to wear this outfit she can and she has beauty and confidence to carry it off. Everyone has their own preference, Jessica Simpson has clearly been a trend setter and a role model for women and young girls. Jessica is not a fashion model, she is a singer so who cares about the outfit? There is not a single person out there who has not had a fashion snafu of some sort. There are plenty of critics out there who have fashion issues of their own to resolve. How dare anyone compare pictures of Jessica 5-8 years ago to pictures of her now, it’s simply not fair. Jessica is almost 29 years old, she’s not fat we all know that cameras are known to add weight. Besides that, who hasn’t gained weight in the last 5 years?
At Couture Central we are huge fans of Jessica Simpson’s music, fashion line, and style. Jessica don’t listen to critics, you’re great we love your style don’t change for anyone but yourself!
February 3rd marks the 50th anniversary of The Day The Music Died. On February 3, 1959, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and “The Big Bopper” were en route to Fargo, North Dakota when their plane went down in Cerro Gordo, Iowa. Over the years there have been countless movies about the lives of these great individuals. Some of the films include: La Bamba, The Buddy Holly Story, and The Real Buddy Holly Story.
Every year to commemorate The Winter Dance Party Tour, Jay Richardson (the Big Bopper’s son), Ray Anthony, and John Mueller perform as the The Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens, and Buddy Holly, and tour the exact same destinations the trio did (with a few additional dates). The show is highly acclaimed, and endorsed by the families of the fallen stars.