Welcome to This Week in Hollywood!
- Amy Winehouse’s London home was burglarized.
- Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is celebrating his 29th Birthday!
- The View co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is expecting her 3rd child in August!
- Country music singer Toby Keith is launching a mens clothing line.
- Taylor Swift will headline a tour supporting her Fearless album with former American Idol castoff Kellie Pickler.
- Rashad McCants and Khole Khardashian have called it quits.
- Brooke Hogan is scheduled to wrestle Ric Flair’s son the last day of the Florida State Fair.
It has been about 1 week since our new President has been inaugurated, in honor of the occasion we have to look back at the fashion hits and misses throughout all of the festivties in Washington D.C.
- Aretha Franklin wore a hat inspired by Blossom the hit 90′s tv show. We thought the Queen of Soul would let her voice speak for itself but instead the hat distracted us all from her performance. People who were 2 miles down the National Mall could see Aretha Franklin’s hat!
- Poet Elizabeth Alexander was not intimidated by the historical significance of the event, she just came as herself. The audience had a limited view of her attire, we could see a white pea coat and floppy hairstyle.
- We saw Michelle Obama in a coordinating lime green dress and jacket, it was “so-so”, not her best color.
- We did notice Vice President Biden’s suit jacket was “form fitting”, which is not flattering on his body type. Hopefully with his new job he will spring for a new wardrobe of suits.
- Neighborhood Ball- Michelle Obama disappointed us all with her unflattering Jason Wu gown. We’re hoping that a good stylist connects with our new first lady quickly for a makeover.
Overall, we have nothing negative to report as far as President Obama’s wardrobe, he appears to look “as stylish as one can look in a suit”. His children were absolutely darling and dressed to the nines throughout the festivities. We look forward to seeing fashion inspired by the first family in the future.
Valentines Day is 3 weeks away, so if you’re looking for ideas for that special someone you’ve come to the right place. Gifts for Valentine’s Day should be sexy, romantic, enjoyable, delicious, luxurious, and fun!
Clothing is always a nice gift, men love shirts and ties…
Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”!
- Last week Jennifer Garner gave birth to the first celeb 2009 baby Seraphina Rose Afflek.
- Boy George has been sentenced to 15 months in jail for falsely imprisoning a male escort.
- Congrats to Kimora Lee Simmons, the first celeb mom of 2009 to announce she’s expecting!
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz will have a guest spot on CSI.
- Beyonce Knowles and Mariah Carey will sing at the Neighborhood Ballfollowing President Elect Obama’s inauguration.
- Lawsuits have been filed against celeb chef Bobby Flay for unfair labor practices.
- Patrick Swayze has been released from the hospital after suffering from pneumonia.
- Scarlett Johanson will be the “new face” of Dolce & Gabana’s new make-up line.
Perhaps we expected too much when we heard that glamor would be brought back to The Golden Globes. There were several celebs on the red carpet who looked like they caught a 75% off deal at Macy’s. Maybe all of the stylists are on vacation, we didn’t expect to see celebs with hair that appeared uncombed, with unflattering dresses, and worst of all there’s was not enough bling!
- Eva Longoria looked stunning in her red mermaid style gown.
- Christina Applegate brought back old Hollywood glam in a simple yellow strapless gown.
- Glenn Close- Maybe she thought there was a Sci Fiction theme!
- Mickey Rourke- He looked totally goth and wasted!
- Miley Cyrus- It looked like she took this dress from her mother’s closet!
- Maggie Gyllenhaal- She could hide well in the jungle, but we just wanted her to run away!
- Renee Zellweger – We are at a loss for words!
- Angelina Jolie- She looks like “the bag lady” in this gown.
- Marissa Tomei- Did she just come from a meeting with her agent?
- Debra Messing- What was she thinking??!
- Brooke Burke- Looked as if she was going to a toga party.
- Oliva Wilde- She looked like one big lavender Q-Tip.
- Julie Benz- Looked as if she found this dress on the 75% off rack at Macy’s.
- Cameron Diaz- She looked like she combed her hair with her fingers!
- Rumer Willis- She got all the attention for all the wrong reasons showing off her red hair!
Who Shocked Us? Jennifer Lopez, she looked she was going to a disco-themed wedding. Although the dress is very flattering, it certainly was inappropriate.
Here is a short list of movies coming out on 2009 that I am looking forward to seeing.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic – Touchstone Pictures
- Avatar – 20th Century Fox
- Watchmen – Warner Brothers
- Public Enemies – Universal
- Star Trek – Paramount Pictures
- Land of the Lost – Universal Pictures
- Dance Flick – Paramount Pictures
- Where the Wild Things Are – Warner Brothers
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine – 20th Century Fox
- Terminator Salvation – Warner Brothers
You can see trailers at Apple and Yahoo.
It looks like more D-listers are heading to the apprentice, look out! Last season was the first season where “The Donald” introduced the idea of celebrity apprentices. We saw people such as: Trace Adkins (Country Music Singer), Lennox Lewis (boxing great), Piers Morgan (judge from America’s Got Talent), Omarosa (from Apprentice Season 1), Nadia Comaneci (Olympic Gold Medalist: Gymnastics), and many more faces that have faded from the mainstream. This season will promise to be a huge ratings booster, we will see so many familiar faces. It will definitely be another case of “good” vs. “evil”. Below is the line-up for Celebrity Apprentice Season 8, the show will begin on March 1st on NBC. All winnings earned during the show will benefit each celebrity’s charity of choice.
We’ve compiled a list of shops celebs have been shopping most recently. Enjoy!
Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”!
- Karina Smirnoff and Maskim Chmerkovskiy from “Dancing With The Stars” got engaged on New Years Eve!
- John Travolta‘s son Jett died in the Bahamas after hitting his head in a bathtub after experiencing a seizure.
- Fergie and Josh Duhmel are counting down to the January 10th wedding day!
- Rumor has it that Kevin Federline is dating, he’s been spotted out with a former volleyball player Victoria Prince.
- Bryan spears (older brother of Britney Spears) got married in New Orleans on New Year’s Eve.
- Katy Perry & Travis McCoy have called it quits.
Celebs are resolving to make 2009 a better year, some of them were kind enough to make their new years resolutions public.
- Britney Spears would like to stop worrying and biting her nails.
- Eva Longoria Parker wants to stop eating meat.
- Fergie wants to workout more and eat healthier.
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz is going to focus on motherhood.
- Spencer Pratt wants to stop eating pizza
- Heidi Montag wants to cook more.
- Carmen Electra wants to have more fun.
- Jamie Foxx is looking for his better half.
- Cameron Diaz wants to end her addictions to smoking and shopping. She’s also planning to start wearing a bra.
- Kathy Griffin plans on eating more carbs
- Kim Kardashian plans on getting into better physical shape.