The top 10 movies of 2008 grossed over $6.1 billion dollars. 2008 was a big year for the movie industry. Here is the top grossing films of 2008.
- The Dark Knight ($996,900,728)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($786,558,759)
- Kung Fu Panda ($631,869,621)
- Hancock ($624,386,746)
- Iron Man ($581,931,630)
- Mamma Mia! ($572,082,632)
- Quantum of Solace ($537,133,451)
- WALL-E ($502,723,636)
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa ($460,215,180)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian ($419,646,109)
Which was you favorite movie of 2008?
We’re all looking for a good party for New Years Eve, some of us will be lucky enough to ring in the new year with our favorite celebrities. People magazine was kind enough to share a nice list with us.
- Beso – Eva Longoria & Tony Parker
- Gridlock New Year’s – Katy Perry with special guests Jesse McCartney, Dave Annabelle, Jesse Metcalfe, members from Maroon 5 and Linkin Park.
- TAO Las Vegas at The Venetian – Carmen Elecktra will host the party
- LAVO Nightclub at The Palazzo Las Vegas – Fergie will host, in attendance will be: Josh Duhmel and David Spade
- Prive at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino – Denise Richards will host the party.
- Christina Audigier The Nightclub – Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt will host the party.
- Wasted Space – Pink! is scheduled to host this party, rumor has it Carey Hart will be there!
- LAX – The Kardashians will host the party.
- Body English – Paris’ ex beau Benji Madden will host the party.
- Jet – The New Kids on the Block will host this party.
- The Bank – Usher Raymond will host this party.
- PURE Nightclub – Ashlee Simpson-Wentz & Pete Wentz will host the party.
- Fontainbleau Hotel – poolside-Adam Levine & Molly Sims
- Fontainbleau Hotel – LIV nightclub- P. Diddy will host with guests Chace Crawford and Shenae Grimes.
- Mansion – Lindsay Lohan and Sam Ronson will host the party.
- The Raleigh – Hugh Jackman, Amanda Lepore, Kenny Sharff, and Whitney Port will host the party.
- B.E.D. – Annalynne McCord will host.
- Shore Club’s Skybar – Kristin Cavallari will host with performances from Busta Rhymes,Ron Bowz “Pop Champagne”, and Pras of the Fugees.
- Times Square – Ryan Seacrest will host Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with guests Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, Lionel Richie,and Kellie Pickler.
- 1OAK – John Mayer, Lindsay Price and Joy Bryant will host the party.
- Marquee – Mario Lopez will host the party.
- Gansevoort Hotel – Perez Hilton and Emmanuelle Chriqui will host the party.
What has been your favorite song in 2008? 2008 was a good year for my iPod. I was looking up at Amazon’s music store and I gathered their top ten selling songs of this past year.
Top Ten Selling Songs of 2008
Here is a short list of the top songs that got most play on my iPod.
Top Ten Favorite Songs of 2008
What where your top songs of 2008?
2008 was great year for celebs to tie the knot. We were surprised by a few big names on this list.
- Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz
- Jay Z & Beyonce
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon
- Jewel & Ty Murray
- Lakisha Jones (from American Idol) and Larry Davis
- Ruben Studdard & Surata McCants
- Michael Cameron & Beverly Mitchell
- Beth Ostrosky & Howard Stern
- Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi
- Heidi Montag & Spencer Pratt
Hollywood had to bid adieu to these celebs who took their final curtain call in 2008. These celebrities will be forever remembered for being dedicated to their families and their job. Naturally at the end of 2008, Couture Central would like to pay tribute to the following celebrities:
- Tim Russert (host of “Meet the Press”)
- Eartha Kit
- Bernie Mac
- Issac Hayes
- Heath Ledger
- Brad Renfro
- John Spencer (‘West Wing’ actor)
- Fred Berry (from 70′s sitcom “What’s Happening”)
- Gerard Depardieu
- Paul Newman
- Estelle Getty
- Bo Diddley
- Yves St. Laurent
- Sean Levert (Singer)
We’re all wondering what we should expect for the new year in Hollywood. Who will make news exciting for us. Will this be the year Jennifer Aniston settles down? Will Britney be the school the girl we once knew? Who will be the first celeb mom of 2009? What hot fashion trends will Katie Holmes grace us with? Will we see Gwen Stefani expand her fashion line? What lies ahead for the last boy band standing The Backstreet Boys? Will New Kids On The Block be able to keep up the charade ?
- We’re all rooting for Jennifer Aniston to find love after what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have put her through. After so many failed relationships, we’re hoping 2009 will be a year for celebration. Entering 2009 she’s with her on and off beau singer John Mayer who has a known reputation as a womanizer. The couple already encountered one very public break-up but they had a change of heart and apparently they are stronger than ever. We are all wondering, will it last? Perhaps John is changing his ways, we know Jennifer is desperate to settle and start a family. With or without John we have reason to believe everyone’s favorite friend will be taking a walk down the aisle in 2009.
- There’s no secret that Britney Spears has made a Circus of life literally. This year with a big album release on her birthday,she’s confident she will stay on top. At 27 years old, 2 children, and more baggage than her entourage can handle, it wont be easy for the professional lip syncer to stay on top. We are not expecting to see her settle down anytime soon with a hectic promotional schedule. We are sure her ticket sales will not be as high as expected. We expect to see Sean Preston and Jayden James (her children) to remain in the custody of Kevin Federline, a busy life on the road is not a stable or healthy life for young children in anyone’s eyes. Bad publicity has been good for Brit’s career. Naturally since things have settled down no news is bad news for the troubled 27 year old.
- The Backstreet Boys are the last boy band standing from the 90′s. 2009 will symbolize a new beginning for the quartet. They will release a new album and work with notable hit makers such as Chris Brown to appeal to a broader audience. No one doubts the talent of these guys, with big names adding to their talent the group is expected to regain their popularity. Aj McLean and Howie Dourough have both announced their solo albums are set to release in 2009.
- Sorry New Kids On The Block Fans, we do not expect to see much more of the guys in the near future. 2008 was a great year for them to reunite with fans who wanted to re-live the early 90s, but it appears they are all going in different directions. Perhaps another reunion tour will be in the works in 5-10 years.
- We expect to hear plenty from the super cool mother of 2 Gwen Stefani. Gwen has talked about expanding her brand and dabbling more into cosmetics. We also expect her to make another line for children given her new inspiration after giving birth this past year. Who knows, maybe she will work on an album towards the end of the year. Gwen is wonderfully creative and she will decide how she wants to share her talent with us (whether its through music or fashion).
- As for the first celeb mom of the year, we put all bets on Jennifer Garner.
Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”!
- Tom Brady proposed to Gisele Bundchen on Christmas Eve.
- Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell uses his son Baylee’s recent scare with kawasaki disease to educate parents.
- Jennifer Aniston set a box office record for Marley & Me, beating a previous box office record set by her ex Brad Pitt.
- Hollywood pays tribute to the late Eartha Kitt (“Santa Baby” singer) who passed away on Christmas Day.
- Lance Armstrong will be a daddy again!
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz showed off adorable baby Bronx on their blog
- Nicole Richie has confirmed all pregnancy rumors to be true, it looks like Harlow will be a big sister!
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban celebrated Sunday Rose’s first Christmas in Nashville.
Here is a list of where the hottest A-listers are going to be seen. If you’re looking to meet celebs, check out this list and hit up one of these hot spots.
- Matsuhisa Restaurant (Beverly Hills)-Cameron Diaz
- Villa- Donald Faison and Cacee Cobb
- Beverly Hills Polo Lounge-Mark Wahlberg
- Les Deux- (West Hollywood)- Adrien Brody
- SLS Hotel (Beverly Hills)-Hillary Duff
- Il Sole (West Hollywood)-Sienna Miiller & Balthazar Getty
- Asia de Cuba (West Hollywood)-Gerard Butler
- Whiskey Blue (West Hollywood)-Nick Lachey
New York City
- Tao- Harry Connick Jr.
- Oak Room (Manhattan) Leonardo Di Caprio & Kate Winslet
- Butter-James Blunt
- Patsy’s Italian Restaurant-Michael Buble
- Barneys-Mira Sorvino
- Blade Restaurant (South Beach)-Jay-Z & Beyonce
- Louis Bar-Lounge (South Beach)-Lindsay Lohan and Sam Ronson
Welcome to “This Week in Hollywood”!
- Naomi Watts & Liev Schreiber welcome their second child, a baby boy!
- Chris Rock‘s daugthers would like to have a play date with Barack Obama‘s daugthers Sasha and Malia.
- Macauley Culkin‘s 29 year old sister Dakota Culkin died shortly after being struck by a vehicle in West Los Angeles.
- Tara Reid has checked into rehab at Promises in Malibu.
- Kate Walsh and her husband are headed for a divorce
- Phylicia Rashad (Mrs Clair Huxtable) is the new Jenny Craig spokeswoman.
- Usher Raymond and his wife welcomed their second child.
- Jamie Foxx celebrated his 41st birthday in Las Vegas
- Olympian Kerri Walsh has announced that she’s 4 months pregnant!
Holiday shopping is in full swing now that we have Thanksgiving behind us. If you’re still trying to figure out what to add to your personal wishlist, or if you’re a loved one shopping for someone consider some of these fabulous gift ideas from Victoria’s Secret for the holiday season!
2008 Most Wanted Gifts
- Satin Pajamas $59.50
- Bouclé cowlneck sweater $29
- Beauty Rush Lip Gloss Set $15
- Must-have Eau de Parfum Gift Box (featuring 7 scents from Dream Angels, Sexy Little Things, and Victoria Secret Pink) $29.50
- Secret Garden Collection Hydrating Body Lotion Gift Box $12.50
- Long leather gloves (available in purple and black) $75
- Blue Croc-print clutch $54
- Betsey Johnson Embellished leather clutch $195
If you’re looking for stocking stuffers, no problem they have some cute ones!
- Luggage Tags $16
- Passport Holders $18
- Bangle bracelets $26
- Compact Mirrors $16